I used Stampin' Up punches and a scoring board to make these, but you could adapt the idea to work with what you have.
I began with a strip of yellow paper cute 2" wide by 7.25" long. I scored this at 3" from each end.
The 1.25" scallop circle was used to make the wings. Each wing was cut in half. The owl builder punch was used for the eyes, white being the larger circle, black was the medium circle.
Boho blossoms punch and orange paper created the feet and beaks. The blossom was trimmed to the somewhat oval shape shown next to the punch, then folded in half to form the beak.
I made five the first time and liked them so much, I made ten more right away. Here are the components ready to assemble. I used glue dots on everything. Liquid glue would have been more economical and would have worked, but I decided I wanted to take this to my knitting group tonight so I was pressed for time.
Here is a chick with face, wings and feet attached. Glue dots attach the wings to the inside of the front of the chick. Dots on the back half of the boho blossom hold the feet to the bottom.
Last touch was to add a white highlight to each eye. A small touch, but I think it makes a big difference.
The flock, in V-formation, ready to go to knitting. They were a hit with the ladies.